My puppy puts me to shame
She is loyal
She will not leave my side
even in the early morning when she’s hungry
She waits for me
to have my devotions
and to fully
and put my slippers on
even though it takes me
to finally go downstairs
She does not get upset
How faithful am I?
Can I wait?
Do I run ahead?
Set my own course?
Am I willing to wait
for the things
He says I must?
Can I sit
and quietly contemplate
calm my scattered mind
and need strength
fuss and fume
stop the spinning
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired,
they walk and don’t lag behind. Isaiah 40:31 Message Bible
What about you? Feeling weary? Need some fresh strength today? I know a source of strength that will not only renew – but help you to soar like an eagle. Imagine running and not getting tired, walking and not lagging behind?
Yes – I think I can – I know I can – Lord help me to...wait.
- Wait On God (achristianmeditation.wordpress.com)
- Waiting on the LORD (cbnindiablogs.wordpress.com)
- Do You Trust Him? (prevailingworddotme.wordpress.com)
- Just Like an Eagle (spiceofyourlife.wordpress.com)
- On Eagles’ Wings (gladlylistening.wordpress.com)
- Wait on the Lord (ptl2010.com)
- 7 Maxims Of an Eagle (lekanomodunbi.wordpress.com)
- On Eagles’ Wings (themeditationsofmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Don’t get comfortable waiting (beingabetteru.wordpress.com)