This is such a random post – but since we all tend to write about what we like, I thought I would share a pretty cool feature from Dish TV.
We have always been cable TV people, but when we recently relocated to east of the mountains in Washington, cable TV seemed expensive compared with Dish or Direct TV. It was suggested that we try Dish TV. One of the many features that we LOVE is the ability to record programs – but play them back on iPhone, iPad or anything portable with WiFi. This has been a HUGE benefit, as there are many times that Greg wants to watch football or other sports shows on our flat screen and now I am not forced to watch them as well. I can just log into our Dish account and watch my recorded programs on my iPad with my headphones on and be in the same room. It’s pretty nice 🙂
Dish also has a cool feature called “The Hopper” which automatically skips all the commercials for prime time TV shows. It also records all the prime time programs so you can watch them anytime. With “The Hopper” DVR you can record up to six programs at once. So handy! We could only record two at a time on cable and many times had to choose between a third program we normally recorded and watched. Now we don’t have to choose.
If you are wondering if Dish saves money – it does! There is a promotion on right now – sign up with Dish and get a free iPad or $20 off every month for the first year. We pay only $44.00 per month.
- Twentieth TV’s ‘Dish Nation’ Renewed For Third Season (m.deadline.com)
- Dish adds iPads to TV deal with Southwest Airlines (khou.com)
- Dish adds iPads to TV deal with Southwest Airlines (abqjournal.com)
- On-Wall TV Install for TVs 40-inches or Smaller by Dish (hometheaterdigest.com)
- Enjoy your Dish TV to the Fullest with Electronic Programming Guide (computerstech01.wordpress.com)
- Dish adds iPads to TV deal with Southwest Airlines (wfaa.com)