Yesterday and today I have had some fun setting up some widgets for my blog site. It’s been frustrating, but also really fun. Frustrating in that – I was not able to get everyone on “Blogs I follow” because it seems not everyone is compatible with this widget – or does not have a gravatar picture, or both – and FUN because now that I am done I can see everyone’s SMILING face looking at me. All the people who have encouraged and contributed to my writing and being. Their fresh faces gazing approvingly on my site – and I am satisfied.
No one is an island, not even those of us writers who prefer to live somewhat secluded and just – write. Or in my case – express. Either way it is not necessary to get a pat on the back or a smile of encouragement from others, but it is still appreciated. And I try to make a conscious effort to do the same to all of you. I sometimes forget what that comments of love mean to me. It is a wonderful thing to connect with others who feel the same and need someone else to say something they have been thinking and never written down. This has happened to me as I’ve read all your blog articles out there. Sometimes it’s like, “Wow – I can’t believe they said that!” And I find myself nodding and smiling.
Please don’t feel left out – if you are a reader and contributor and do not see your smiling picture on the right side of this page – please make me aware of it – it is not in the slightest bit intentional! I want to connect you with my readers and have others gain encouragement from the very thing you are writing about. You just never know who you are going to meet and come across because of this unique blogging community.
And if you see yourself there – just know this: we may not talk every day, or leave comments all the time, but you have been a part of my journey the last 4 plus years and I appreciate you!
Let’s encourage one another!
- How To Start a Blog (alexandreajwilson.wordpress.com)
- Hot Gravatars (dogpatchwriterscollective.com)
- Blogging 102: Readers – finding and keeping them (martinamcgowan.com)
- I Finally Uploaded a Gravatar! (dste9.wordpress.com)
- ?Why do I blog (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- 3 Tips For A Better Blog (101books.net)
- Confessions of a Blogging Newbie (ainsleysappletree.wordpress.com)
- Widgets 301 (moniquesfibrocommunity.wordpress.com)
- Beginning to Blog – Widgets (knitnrun4sanity.wordpress.com)