Five things I learned today:
1. Never assume that you can pull/push/lift as much weight in the gym as a previous person on the machine has. What a SHOCK when first using the machine – if you don’t adjust. (Those MEN!!!)
2. Never be intimidated by men in the gym. They serve only to scare women into thinking they are wimpy. And it works.
3. Never workout on the elliptical machine next to two men – even if one of those men is your husband. It’s just wrong.
4. Never compare your heart rate to your neighbor’s. My heart rate is a good 20 beats higher per minute than Greg’s is – and that’s just standing still. On the elliptical – FORGET IT!
5. Never take your hands off the ‘heart sensor’ – or it will yell at you. For me it is good to push past the ‘normal’ perimeters of what is ‘safe’ or normal on the machine – because my heart rate is always faster than normal. And I’m okay with that. I have to make the adjustments and be okay that I’m weird.
Greg tells me that I have the ‘heart of a hummingbird’ – and I guess that’s the way it is just going to have to be. As long as I can have the ‘soul of an artist’ then all is well.
Yes it’s true. I have a crush on my personal trainer. He’s handsome and follows me around the gym. He’s very attentive and seems to know just the right equipment and the right “weight” for me when doing my workout. He’s patient and knowledgeable. Kind and funny too ♥ He’s also MARRIED. It’s shocking! But it’s okay. He’s married to ME!! ♥♥♥
Yes I’m lucky to have this strong handsome guy by my side doing a workout. And I’ve learned that he’s actually pretty handy to have around when I can’t figure out how to work a piece of equipment – or put the proper amount of weight on it. He even adjusts my positions for me so I won’t have to. the women at “Curves” NEVER did this! Who said that working out with just women was the only way to go? I’m liking my guy to be with me while I struggle to try to get “in shape” and lose a few extra inches here and there. Mostly here. And I am determined to lose it!
I see him looking at me. He can’t hide it – I see him smiling at me. I’m not exactly in the best of shape yet – but He can’t fool me! He is VERY charming – and such a sweet talker. And it’s nice to know that I don’t have to look a certain way – or even be a certain way to impress him. So I’d say it’s pretty mutual – and it’s also entirely applauded by everyone! So…I guess it’s okay that he has a crush on me too ♥
I think I’ll keep him. No one could ever have it as good. And I don’t even have to pay him! I get it all FOR FREE ♥
Hope everyone has an awesome day! My wish is that everyone could have a personal trainer like me ♥ But I’m pretty sure he is just MY personal trainer – you’ll have to get your own ☺