Image via Wikipedia
I’ve been seeing status updates all month-long, on facebook – saying what people are thankful for. I’ve even seen longs lists in various places by others, stating what they are thankful for. But it was not until I saw my friend David put up such a complete and heartfelt list on his blog – that it really made me want to reflect on those things in which I am most thankful for. And here they are – in no particular order:
1. I am thankful for the love of a good man (He’s loved me for 30 years – amazing)
2. I am thankful for my children who are young adults now with lives of their own – and who are finding their way and who both have a strong faith in God – and a great friendship with me and their Dad.
3. I am thankful for the opportunity to use my gifts everyday in music and I LOVE my students so much.
4. I am thankful for good friendships – both past and present and what I have learned from both – but especially the ones who stayed – you are the roots in my life.
5. I am thankful for Christian parents
6. I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ – that started at a very young age.
7. I am thankful for a discovery about myself that allowed me to be free to express myself without fear
8. I am thankful for like-minded believers at my church family – and especially my pastor Stephen and his wife Mandy.
9. I am thankful for Starbucks coffee
10. I am thankful for a fireplace in the winter
11. I am thankful for an outdoor grill in the summer
12. I am thankful for laughter – the daily medicine
13. I am thankful for facebook and my blog site to connect and reconnect with people from all over the world
14. I am thankful for Skype – so that I can see and hear my friends
15. I am thankful for my DVR that records programs I can’t see right now
16. I am thankful for my big screen TV for watching holiday movies and specials.
17. I am thankful for new facebook and blogging buddies – who have found a way of expressing ourselves that is quite unique to us.
18. I am thankful for a warm bed – with adjustable frame so I can sit up in bed and read or watch TV.
19. I am thankful that my husband still brings me a first cup of coffee in bed – after all these years.
20. I am thankful for all my readers. We are in a unique world of the written word – and if you have found yourself here – you know a little more about me than most folks – because this is where I live and express myself.