Amber Carrington sang this a few nights ago on “The Voice”. I had never heard the Adele version from the James Bond movie with the same title – nor have I seen the movie. But there was something really compelling about this song. Hauntingly beautiful – the music rises and falls around the lyrics, actually sounding like the sky is falling and crumbling. This young lady is very talented and hats off to her for choosing an Adele song. They are not easy to sing – and everyone always compares to the original. I’m happy I had not heard the original when I heard Amber sing this. She captured the song beautifully – and it is my choice for best song of the night.
- “Skyfall” director Sam Mendes in talks to helm next James Bond film (panarmenian.net)
- Live Performance Video: Amber Carrington – Skyfall (roughstock.com)
- James Bond vs. Evil Pop Music: Best 007 ‘Radio Friendly’ Spy Hits (rr.com)
- Product placement in pictures: Skyfall (brandsandfilms.com)
- Sam Mendes set to direct the next Bond film (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cover songs: Homage or irksome marketing ploy? (seattletimes.com)