Last week my friend Deanna introduced me to a wonderful little app called “Timehop”. When downloaded on to iPhone, iPad or desktop computer this app allows you to see what you wrote on facebook up to four years ago. I have been enjoying the pictures and status updates from a time long ago – even if it’s just last year.
As a long time journal writer – it has always been interesting to me when I write something. Not just why I write it – but when. And I have always had this weird practice of going back and looking at where I was one year ago or further. When I was in high school I kept journals pretty religiously (I still have them) and would write down at night before bed, what I was going through or feeling at that exact moment. Then I would look back at what I was doing or feeling one month before on that exact date. It was always enlightening to me – and usually it was remarkable how I made it through a hurt or disappointment that I thought would finish me. Keeping a record helped me remember. And be thankful.
It is much the same with Timehop. Only this time I am grown up. And yet still – there are things I have gone through and still continue to go through. It is a positive thing to see how far I’ve come from year to year. And though things are often not expressed in those updates – I know and remember where I was and what was going on in my world.
How about you? Do you ever timehop? What would be your reaction to see what you were doing one year ago today, or two, three or four?
Try it out! You will love it.
- 4 apps you should download right now (breslanta.com)
- Timehop Ending Daily Emails (jetcitydigital.com)
- Timehop Debuts Sync, A Way To Time Travel Through Your Offline Photo Archives (techcrunch.com)
- App Discovery | Timehop (iliketek.com)
- Timehop: A photographic stroll down memory lane (zdnet.com)
- Timehop app lets you take a trip to the past (lostateminor.com)
- Thanks to Timehop, I saw this morning that six years ago Fred,… (thegongshow.tumblr.com)