WordPress Logo (Photo credit: Phil Oakley)
Yesterday and today I have had some fun setting up some widgets for my blog site. It’s been frustrating, but also really fun. Frustrating in that – I was not able to get everyone on “Blogs I follow” because it seems not everyone is compatible with this widget – or does not have a gravatar picture, or both – and FUN because now that I am done I can see everyone’s SMILING face looking at me. All the people who have encouraged and contributed to my writing and being. Their fresh faces gazing approvingly on my site – and I am satisfied.
No one is an island, not even those of us writers who prefer to live somewhat secluded and just – write. Or in my case – express. Either way it is not necessary to get a pat on the back or a smile of encouragement from others, but it is still appreciated. And I try to make a conscious effort to do the same to all of you. I sometimes forget what that comments of love mean to me. It is a wonderful thing to connect with others who feel the same and need someone else to say something they have been thinking and never written down. This has happened to me as I’ve read all your blog articles out there. Sometimes it’s like, “Wow – I can’t believe they said that!” And I find myself nodding and smiling.
Please don’t feel left out – if you are a reader and contributor and do not see your smiling picture on the right side of this page – please make me aware of it – it is not in the slightest bit intentional! I want to connect you with my readers and have others gain encouragement from the very thing you are writing about. You just never know who you are going to meet and come across because of this unique blogging community.
And if you see yourself there – just know this: we may not talk every day, or leave comments all the time, but you have been a part of my journey the last 4 plus years and I appreciate you!
Let’s encourage one another!
- How To Start a Blog (alexandreajwilson.wordpress.com)
- Hot Gravatars (dogpatchwriterscollective.com)
- Blogging 102: Readers – finding and keeping them (martinamcgowan.com)
- I Finally Uploaded a Gravatar! (dste9.wordpress.com)
- ?Why do I blog (smileyface80.wordpress.com)
- 3 Tips For A Better Blog (101books.net)
- Confessions of a Blogging Newbie (ainsleysappletree.wordpress.com)
- Widgets 301 (moniquesfibrocommunity.wordpress.com)
- Beginning to Blog – Widgets (knitnrun4sanity.wordpress.com)
This week I want to share 3 more favorite blog sites. These people have invested in me and cared about my daily “journal” of thoughts and have contributed and been a part of my daily world. I have enjoyed reading about their struggles, trial, joys and resolutions – along with their daily journey with a growing relationship with Jesus.
1) K.C. Procter of Some Wise Guy. I have never met K.C. in person – in fact I only know him because of my friend David Miles’ blog – and saw him commenting and decided to check out his blog site. K.C. got to know me and asked me to be a part of a series he had in May, called WiseGals. It was a fun to be guest and it was a great learning experience for me as well. K.C. is someone who loves his family – is passionate about God and helping people. I love his humor and fresh approach to every day struggles. Lately he’s been incorporating video blogs of himself talking – bringing a more personal connection to his readers. He’s very likable and I hope you will check out his blog site.
2) Tony Alicea at Expect The Exceptional. I have never met Tony in person either. But I’ve come to really love his heart and passion for writing, others and especially his relationship with Jesus. He ALWAYS has time to others – and many people comment and have been following his blog. This is no accident – as he connects well with everyone has always has a positive comment to make. Tony is newly engaged and excited about his upcoming marriage – and we’re all so happy for him. Check out his blog – you will be a loyal reader.
3) Jason Stasyszen at Connecting To Impact. Jason is Lead Pastor at Breakthrough Church in Juneau, Alaska. I understand Jason has also completed 4 worship albums – so he’s a Pastor with a musical side too 🙂 I’ve never met Jason in person – but he connects well with all of us online – and is a real online pastor to all of us in the blogging world with his wonderful writings and poetry. Jason had me do a guest spot for him a few months ago while he and his family were on a vacation in Hawaii. It was my pleasure to fill in for his awesome blog. You will love Jason and find that he ALWAYS has time for everyone who visits his blog – and I have found Jason to be a daily presence on my blog site as well.
I hope you will also visit my other articles listed below to find out what other blogging friends I have found – and why they would be worth your time to check out!
Image via Wikipedia
Two years ago this month was my first blog article – and the beginning of a wonderful relationship and growing passion for writing.
In that amount of time I have come to appreciate those that have been in this crazy little corner of the world with me – our blog sites – and have made many new friends. It’s sobering to note that had I not ventured out – taken a risk to open up and be truly authentic (at least as authentic as I feel appropriate) – I would not have met and developed those relationships – found a mutual love with these people, help and encouragement through the good, the bad – and the ugly. Most of these people whom I speak of can be found on my blogroll down below. Some I knew before – most I did not – and some I reconnected with because of blogging.
Those of you that are daily in my daily blogging life – contributing to a laugh, or a sigh – bringing clarity and humor to this crazy world – thank you. Let’s never be too busy to write a word of encouragement to each other – the writer knows how important that is – like no other.
I’ve learned a great many things over the last two years – have been daily inspired and encouraged by things I’ve read by all of you – and have found many topics to reflect on and write about myself. Life is full of opportunities – if we just open up our eyes! I look forward to many more anniversaries – writing and reflecting about my journey!
Thank you – to all of my readers! ♥ And if you’re a daily reader but never leave a comment – I want to encourage you – let me know that you’re reading and leave me a comment. Your word may be just what I need to hear – or what someone else needs to hear – on that very day. Our words are powerful – don’t hold them back.